The past year was packed with major events that affected the nation’s economy, from the earnings of the largest companies down to the wallets of individual consumers. Supply chain issues, inflation, a red-hot housing market, labor shortages and data breaches are just a few of the topics that affected our credit and personal finances.
As the end of the year is approaching, we’re compiling our most searched and read topics of 2021. Our readers have been primarily concerned with avoiding malicious scams, from fake shopping websites to account takeovers. In addition, we reported on some of the biggest data breaches of the year and provided guidance on what you should do if you find out your information has been compromised.
Here are the top ten most popular IdentityIQ blogs:
- How to Spot a Fake Shopping Website This Holiday Season
- Gift Card Scams and How to Avoid Them
- 8 Common Identity Theft Scams
- Cloudstar Remains Compromised Following Ransom Attack
- Scam School: Bad Practices on Social Media Could Put Your Identity at Risk
- Everyone in Your Family Need to Protect Their Identity
- What to Do If You’re a Victim of a Hospital Data Breach
- How Hackers Can Steal Your Passwords
- Tips to Avoid Holiday Job Scams
- Account Takeover: What is it and How to Prevent it?
All year round, we monitor the latest developments in cybersecurity and identity protection to notify our readers when threats arise. In addition, we provide expert recommendations on following credit best practices, spotting scams and how to help protect your identity.
Want to stay updated with the latest in cybersecurity, identity theft, credit protection, credit reporting, and more? Sign up for our newsletter in the subscription box on the right of this web page. We deliver advice and news directly to your inbox.
IdentityIQ services can take your credit awareness and identity protection a step further. We monitor our members’ credit reports and credit scores and notify them of possible suspicious activity, whether it’s a legitimate new credit application or a sign of identity theft. We also offer $1 million in identity theft insurance, underwritten by AIG. If you’re ready to take your identity protection to the next level, we can help protect you.